The Walk to School

I love school mornings. It is such a fun time to touch base with the kids. This morning I had the luxury of walking to school with Emily and Nathaniel. Em is usually out the door before me, so to go at the same time was fun. I got to hear about her plans for the day, we joked around, etc. Nathaniel (I walk with him every morning) takes this time to hit me with all of the questions that have been swirling around in his head for the past hour since he's been awake. He starts that early. Luckily I have enough swirling around in my brain matter that I can coherently answer his questions. Most of them. I don't know why red means stop. If anyone has the answer to that one, please let me know and I'll pass it on to him. I don't know that I'll site my source, though. I've been feeling pretty stupid lately where he's concerned, so I may need to use your knowledge as my own in order to falsely build myself up in the eyes of my seven year old.

Christopher relayed a conversation he and Timothy had this morning. They both said something at the same time, and then Christopher said, "Great minds think alike!" To which Timothy replied, "No, stupid minds think alike, great minds think differently." They were laughing about that. I'm still thinking it through.... like you, maybe? Would that mean we're thinking alike? Then does that mean we're.... OK. I'll stop there.

Comments

Trey said…
Ok, here is my idea on why red means stop. Fire is red, you don't want to touch fire because you will burn yourself. So you would stop yourself from touching the fire and then associate red with stopping? Does that make any sense?
I'll try it and see what happens! :)

Popular Posts