Jobs I've had.

Yes, it's another rainy day. I was talking with a teacher friend (Mrs. Moon, one of the most precious people on the planet), and we were talking about different jobs we've had. It got me thinking about it, so I thought I'd list them. It should be noted that I didn't begin working until I was 18. Mom and dad wouldn't let me...said I'd be working for the rest of my life, so I should enjoy being a kid. :)

1. My first job was at a sporting goods store. Great job. I learned a lot about shoes. Actually, I had another job before that, at a fast food chicken place, but I lasted a day, so it doesn't count.
2. Babysitting for a nurse while I was at BBC. It sustained me for awhile.
3. Cafeteria at BBC. Probably one of the more fun jobs out there. Lots of mischief behind those counters.
4. Walmart. Just about every department over four years. Ladies, men's, fabrics, shoes, jewelry, and my favorite, receiving. (didn't have to deal with customers on that one.)
5. Answering service. That was cool being an operator. Sometimes I would have to act like I was someone living at the house because the person was on vacation. Strange job, but interesting.
6. General Electric. This one eventually got me through school. It was the midnight shift, but the money was good, and it paid for my living expenses as well as tuition. I have to say it was hard having a room mate at that point. They didn't always understand the need for sleep in the afternoons.
7. Teaching. Taught at the same place for nine years. That was a switch! Great job. The kids taught me so much.
8 Home engineer. :P
9. Teacher again.

Man. That's a lot. I must be old. I want to hear about some jobs! Post some:

Weirdest
Boringest
Most exciting
Shortest
Longest

You get the idea...

Comments

Anonymous said…
you almost lost that job at Walmart with the display...:> That was tooooooooo funny!!! Great minds and I think we had a bowl of fruit and fiber after that... It was a good day!!!!!!!!
Ah yes, the harry chested display with the gold necklace. At the entrance, no less. I don't remember knowing that the regional guy was going to be there for inspection, do you? ha!
Anonymous said…
This sounds like some more 'Kim and Stacy' mischief!!!

Mom
Anonymous said…
Mama Boo we could write a book but it would have a warning on it beware your nose will turn red...:>

Popular Posts