I'm NOT CRAZY!!!!!!

Yes, that's right. I'm doing the "I'm not crazy" dance: running in place, arms high, doing an occasional spin. Why???? Because I found my cell phone!

It's not that I can't live without my cell phone. On the contrary, I can't stand the thing. Makes me WAY too accessible. In fact, when I had the dumb thing, I only gave my number to select people with strict orders not to give the number to anyone. With four kids, those quiet moments are few and far between!

However, I truly thought I was going crazy. I am not the most organized person in the world, but if I have handled something, I can almost with 100% accuracy tell you where I had it last. I knew I had walked in the house with the phone, and I knew that I didn't walk out of the house with it. When I first noticed it missing, I didn't think of calling it. I just figured it would show up sooner or later. But after about a week, I really started looking, tried calling the phone but to no avail because the battery was shot. So, I've been searching ever since. I searched the small backpack I had been carrying that day, the side pockets, every pocket inside. Nothing. I went through the plastic bags I came home with. Nothing. I finally came to the conclusion that I had accidentally thrown it away. I was hoping that at least someone had found it and was making good use of it.

I had also determined that if I ever found it, I would never let Tim know. He's an organized man. Has a place for everything. So for me to find the phone after all this time would only add to the idea that I am indeed crazy.

I have a little space beside my dresser. It contains a basket, and I keep non-essential things there. There's also a little backpack I use from time to time. Today I was cleaning that area, and picked up the little backpack. I noticed something in the little outside pocket right on the back, and there it was! I pulled it out and gasped. Unfortunately, that meant that my plan of never telling Big Dad was also shot because he was standing right there. First was an "I can't believe it" followed by laughter, then a "you really should be punished!"

All I know is I'M NOT CRAZY, and that is such a huge relief!

Comments

Anonymous said…
I CANNOT believe it!!! After all of this time. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, it's possible that I can find my keys after months of searching? You've given me hope! :>)
Anonymous said…
After today, anything's possible! :)

Happy New Year! 2006....Woo Hoo!!!
Anonymous said…
Happy New Year to you!! It's going to be a great year!!
Anonymous said…
Kaysha wants to say 'hi'. She is kneeling right here beside me and just read your article. She said she loves you and misses you and can't wait until summer!!

Popular Posts