Dwindling Summer

This isn't my picture! I can't remember where I got it from! I usually label it so I can give credit where credit is due! I want to say it's Mike's at Ozarkphotos.blogspot.com because he takes a lot of pictures of porches, but I'm just not sure! If anyone recognizes this picture, let me know so I can credit it! I just realized every sentence in this paragraph ends in an exclamation point!!!! Maybe I should rethink my over-use of exclamations!!!!!!!!



We're down to the last of summer. I start back to school on Monday, and the kids start back a week from Monday. It's been a fun summer, and I think it will be hard to get back into the grind. The routine will be nice, though.

We had a nice little surprise lately. Keve, our iguana, is a little bit hostile. He's male, so that accounts for some of it, but it's also made me a big chicken when it comes to holding him. Well, this week he had found a way to get out of his cage, and he's done it three times. Each time I had to put him back in his cage, and I've been able to pick him up without the aggression he usually shows. So it's been kind of cool. I hold him for a little bit, stroke his back, and then gently put him back in his cage. He doesn't resist at all, which is nice because his claws are quite sharp! I would say he is approximately three feet long right now. Maybe a little longer. So you can see my hesitation.

That's it for now.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I would say he is approximately three feet long right now.

Oh, MY STARS! Stacy!! That's huge! You sure are brave.

Mom
Unknown said…
How did he get out? and where did you find him? Now that I've been there I can picture it so clear I love that.
I can picture him poking his nose at the side of the cage hopping to get out.

Popular Posts