Big Dad and Me


Twenty three years ago, my long time friend Darby set me up on a double date with this guy with a great smile. We ended up dating almost four years, most of that time long distance. But the day came (Feb. 13th) when he asked me to marry him.

Six months later, as he bolted from the wedding rehearsal for the 5th time, and as I lovingly hog-tied him and dragged him back to the church, and set up a security and surveillance system to watch and track him during the time before the wedding, we finally wed in the funeral home that was converted into a church, with all of my relatives around to keep him from bolting and to send the final message that WE'RE FAMILY NOW.

Ah. Such memories. That was 19 years ago. Today.

In all seriousness, I just wrote about paths and journeys on my other blog, and all I can say is I'm so glad I have this journey with you, Big Dad. You're my best friend, and you have made this journey an adventure that I never even dreamed it would be. I would walk this path with you 10 times over. You make it interesting, fun, and your perspective of this journey is always entertaining.

I love you, Big Dad. Happy Anniversary! (Can you believe it? We remembered this year!)

Ace

Comments

Anonymous said…
At "Hello," you had me. :)

I love you Sweetie!

Tim
Anonymous said…
you both are toooo sweet :>

Match made in heaven..;>

Love you both! Kimmie
Big Dad,

"You make me a complete person." Love ya, Schmoopie!


Kim,

KIMMERS! Write me, woman! I was just explaining to Em about generic wheat thins. Thought of you the whole time. :) In fact, a lot of foods bring you to mind, but not necessarily for the right reasons: oreos, cheezits, bubblegum balls, velveeta, wheat thins, that peach/almond/bran cereal....just wait. I will tell Logan such stories!

Love you, girl! Write!
And wontons. That's just classic.

Popular Posts