Em, Hope your birthday was great!




(Remember when Vuji pulled San all around the front yard by his diaper, and Amo, Afa, Aka, Asa, Lili, Apu, Ama, Venu...they all were laughing until they cried? Too funny.)

Em, I can't believe you're 17. The time has just flown by, and it's amazing you have survived! You're the one we try things out on, learn from, and you've endured all of our parenting mistakes with such grace, gentleness and a lifetime's supply of patience! You are such a kind and gentle soul, from the inside out. Your humor is so fun and catches us off guard at times with your observations and insights.

When I think of you, I think:

girl's night out
puppies and animals in general
movies like: You've Got Mail, Return to Me, Napoleon Dynamite, Dumb and Dumber (DOY!)...
Your ability to quote anyone at any time
crime of the century
your amazing drawings
your patience with friends
your doorbell
Spongebob
Little Mermaid
Marty Stouffer
horses
squeaky laughs
hospital visits on birthdays
puffy cheeks
Starbucks
Harry Potter
your love of family
your "quiet time"
laughs at the dinner table
"So.......how was your day?"
jeans and t-shirts
eyebrow plucking
ALONE time
Hats, hats, and more hats

The list goes on. You have been so fun to get to know. You are a true, genuine person, and those are rare. You are loved and we are so proud. Hope you had a great birthday!

Comments

Anonymous said…
...and I remember Em sitting in her highchair, eating Cherrios and saying, 'Nite, see you in the morning'. And she would say it as many times as you asked her. Precious! The picture is so adorable and Vuji has definitely 'matured'! LOL!

Lots and lots!!
Anonymous said…
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birth-day, dear Sta-cy,
Happy Birth-day to YOU,
And many MORE!!

You are loved!
Anonymous said…
I'm so mad at myself. I wanted to tell you happy B-day on time.

I cant believe I did it again. Happy Belated Birthday. To both Stacy and Em. I hope you got your favorite cake, your family spoiled you for the day and made you Queen for the day. I would of :)
I love you guys and miss you lots.

Popular Posts