Baseball Update

Saturday Tim, the boys, and some friends (Timothy's best friend and dad) went to the US vs. Japan game. They had a blast, Christopher came home with a foul ball (AGAIN!) and got to get it signed by the player (who, he found out, will be moving to Tampa when this tournament is over....how fun is that?) and Timothy came home with one of the bats. They had a great time. Nathaniel came walking in the door, his eyes as big as saucers saying, "Mom, that was the best game ever!" He absolutely loved it. He was a little upset, though when he was talking to the camera man and the cameraman ignored him. I wonder how much of that conversation made it onto tv. So far, the US team is number 2, and Taiwan is number 1, which will make Wednesday's game interesting. Just about everyone I know is going to that one, including us. I'll keep you posted.

We've had our own baseball stuff going on. Big Dad is coaching softball again this year, along with two other dads. He's got them running some drills, and they are looking pretty good! On days when there's no practice, I actually get out there too, and throw the ball around with the Big Dad and the boys. He's been working on their pitching and fielding, and I must say both boys can throw some heat! (That's the way you say it, right?) I thought Christopher broke my thumb at one point. It was sore for two days, I know that much. Anyway, they get a kick out of seeing me out there throwing and catching. It's been at least 20 years since I've done something like that, so I'm sure it's pretty funny to watch, too. But, the skills are slowing coming back. Of course with Big Dad, they never leave. He was dazzling the boys' friends by catching the ball behind his back, throwing knuckle balls... the man has skills.

This week's game should be a fun one. I'll post more later and let you all know how it goes. I need to bring my camera, don't I? It's been too long since I've posted pictures. I need to TAKE more pictures. Junior Carnival is this Friday, too, so we have a lot going on. I'll be sure to capture the moments for everyone. :)

Comments

Popular Posts