San's bad day

So San had a really bad day yesterday. The bad part didn't start until after school, though. I was finishing up with some meetings, San was finishing up with t-ball, so there was about 30 minutes of extra time for him to wait on me. That's all he needed. He went to the fort...this little area a bunch of little boys had put together, and where they meet up at times (soccer games, track meets) to play while the adults are off spectating. However, there were other bigger boys at the playhouse yesterday, and one of them in particular that we like to keep an eye on. We'll call him Amos. So a maintenance truck was driving by, and Amos had the big idea of jumping on the back of it. San went with him. I went looking for San around this time, and some boys came up to me and said "San got in a truck and it drove away!" That's all the information I got! Christopher and I split up and went to different areas on campus. Luckily, Christopher found him first and warned him. He was pretty contrite by the time I got to him. He didn't have his backpack with him, so I told him to get it...fast. Up walks my language teacher. She asks me what is going on. I told her. She asked who the other boy was. I told her. She said "Amos White?!?" Ta shi NOTORIOUS!" So San got lectured all the way home about playng with the bigger boys, jumping on the back of moving vehicles, what a stranger is...you name it. He was really feeling it by the time he got home. He was crying so much he could barely talk. When he calmed down, T and I told him how scared we were for him, and how to think in situations like that and to NOT be ALONE with AMOS! (All of the kids joined in at that point)

Fast forward past dinner. I was finishing up an email to a friend, and I heard the dishes being washed. I assumed it was Em until I saw my Sweet T with his camera taking pictures. He brought the camera to me, and it was San doing the dishes. I just went over and hugged him, he cried a little bit more, and I told him I forgave him, but I would shoot him myself if he ever put me through that again! :)

It did give me something to write about!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh, my stars!! That would have scared me to death!!!! It's a wonder you didn't have heart attack. I'm soooo thankful he's okay. Give him a big hug!

Popular Posts