Miss Neff

Miss Neff was Christopher and Timothy's 3rd grade teacher. She adores Timothy particularly. She told me once that she saw Timothy in the drink ladies store. She said she was sitting there waiting for them to make her some food to go. He came to order some drinks. When he saw her in there, he went over and sat down and talked with her. She said his drinks came and he paid, and then continued to sit and talk with her until her food came. (He loves talking to her! He says she knows EVERYONE! She has a lot of stories from her childhood and early years) She was very impressed by that. She said most boys will walk away when they have what they need.

Anyway, last night she came and found me at the carnival. She said she needed to tell me something. Seems she stopped a few boys from Timothy's class from picking on a boy we'll call C. They were trying to push him into the girls bathroom. C isn't a popular boy. He tries hard in school, but has a hard time. He can be difficult to be around, but he tries very hard to fit in. He told Miss Neff that Timothy is his only friend, and that if he had been around, the other boys wouldn't have tried to push him into the bathroom.

We went on to discuss how Timothy nominated C for student council because C was the only person in the class that hadn't been nominated for anything yet. It's nice to know that he is thoughtful enough to look out for others. It has always been important to us that our boys stand up against bullying and not allow others to get picked on.

I thanked her for telling me. It's not often that you hear those kinds of things said about your children. It's even more rare for someone to catch kids doing good and bring it to their attention! She really is a rare teacher. I can tell you it sure made my night!

I don't have pictures of the carnival. I brought Christopher's camera, and the flash didn't work! UGH! :) It was a fun night, though, and our house has a few pirates running around this morning!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stacy , you should be so proud of all your children. I know you are ! This is a beautiful story about Timothy.

Remember all the times we would share parenting trials and tribulations in the halls of WHMS? I miss those times. I think we are both doing pretty good though and have a lot to be proud of! :)

Popular Posts