Well, the typhoon is just sitting on top of us right now. The weird thing is that it's really still outside. I'm thinking the eye is over us. It's overcast, but still and there's no rain.

The winds were between 110 - 140 mph. They say meters per second over here, and I would have no idea how fast that was. Then I found this cool little gadget to put on my desktop, and it is a unit converter. So now I can confidently say how fast the winds were. :)

Still looking forward to fall. Still wondering if tomorrow will be a typhoon day.

Em went to Taipei yesterday for a soccer tournament. I heard she did great. There were quite a few buses that went. On the way home, one of the buses went into the scooter lane instead of the car lane, and when he went under the underpass, he, well, he didn't. The underpass was too low, and there were a few people that got hurt. Not badly enough to go straight to the hospital right then, but enough to make a visit when they got back. My friend Sandy and her family were on that bus. She said it was very violent, going from moving to stopping so fast. Her son Max hurt the front of his neck when he slammed into the seat in front of him. I'm sure they are pretty sore today. We're just thanking God no one was seriously hurt! I'll see if anyone has a picture and I'll post it later. I hear it looked pretty bad!

Comments

Popular Posts