Birth Order


If you haven't studied about birth order, you really should. It's an interesting study, and it has given me quite a bit of insight on myself as well as on my kids. For me, I actually gained more from the birth order study than I did a personality study. (I am an ISTP if anyone knows what that means! ha!) Anywho, my birth order happens to be the easiest out of all of them: a girl between two boys. :) I have attributes of a first born (being the first girl) but also as a second born (hence my competitiveness with Steve).

In looking at our kids it looks like we have two first borns. Em, of course, is oldest of all of the kids. Timothy is the first born male, then Christopher is just 17 months behind as the second born, then there's baby boy San. Now, there is enough age difference (almost 4 years) between Em and Timothy for Timothy to be considered firstborn in his own right. But, with Christopher close behind, it kind of seals the deal. It will be interesting to see how San develops when his brothers go off to college, because there are almost 4 years difference between them as well. (Here's a random factoid about our kids....I figured it out when I was a passenger in the car on the way from Florida to Texas. I hate being passenger...I get bored out of my mind! So the factoid is that there are exactly as many days between my first born and second born as there are between my third born and fourth born. I couldn't have planned that if I tried!) San will be more like an only child when he is in high school. Knowing San, I think he'll love that.

Birth order is a fun study. It's one of those that gets you saying "OOOOooooh!" ha! If you study it, feel free to leave a comment and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

Comments

Louise said…
B is finally off the computer long enough for me to get on line... I hate dial-up...

Okay our birthorder family
Madeline 1 (first girl)
Fiona 1 (first because of the 6 year age difference between she and Madeline)
Konrad 1 (first Male)
Zachary 1 (the only actually 'born' into the family)
Leave it to me to have four 1st borns!!!!! LOL

Miss you

Popular Posts