Rainy Day Fun

I really wish I had my camera. I think I need to just give in and start carrying a purse so that I can keep my camera close.

This week is an unusually cold week. The temperature has been in the 60's and 50's, which is almost as cold as the coldest day this winter. It's also raining. So when I dropped Nathaniel off by his class, all of his classmates were huddled by the wall outside, trying to get warm. I took some things to my classroom and went back to check on Nathaniel. It was the cutest, most refreshing sight. All of the kids with umbrellas had opened them, and the kids used them as a break from the cold wind. They were huddled behind the umbrellas, talking, laughing, giggling, sharing their breakfasts.... It wasn't uncomfortable any more. They had made it fun. Kids can do that, can't they? But the moment was there, and it was such a cute picture: smiling eyes looking out from behind umbrellas, tennis shoes with untied shoelaces poking out from under.

I think I'll go out today and buy a purse. These moments are too cute to pass up.

Comments

Popular Posts