The weather and other stuff

We are having such a mild winter so far. It gets a little chilly in the evening, but the days are so nice and breezy. Big Dad and I have a weather system that we use to determine what kind of day we're having. If we can see four mountains, it is a beautiful, clear day. A three mountain day is a little hazy, but still nice. A two mountain day is getting a little dreary, and a one mountain day is a yucky day. What is a no mountain day, you ask? That would have to be the equivelant of a smog alert day as in the days of my youth in California. :)

I'm in a non-writing mode right now. My brain is still on vacation. I swear, I completely compartmentalized during Christmas break. I did not think of school AT all, and the day before I returned, I was actually thinking...OK, what was I doing before break? I know, terrible. But it was such a relaxing vacation, and enjoyable family time, that it's taken a bit more effort to get back into the swing of things. At least a bit more than I expected. It is nice to be back in our routine again, though...having the kids drop in to say hi during the day, having our usual breaks and meetings. Nothing horrendous, I must say!

I've been discussing right brained learners so much lately, that Christopher walked into my class and said, "Mom, we had a right brained math activity today!" I asked him how he did, and he said he was the first to finish. ha! I said, "See? I told you you're right brained!" Too funny.

OK. I'm off. I'll have to post some pictures later, from my birthday present. (the camera!) I tell you...I made out like a bandit in December!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Well, you're back in your writing 'mode'! That's good for us, that's how we keep up with you. BTW, I tried to call you two times this morning. :>)

Around the world and back!
Mom

Popular Posts