Yea! I can post now!

I don't know what's been going on with blogger, but I haven't been able to post for a couple of days. I don't see the picture icon, so I don't think I can post pictures yet. I have a few, so keep checking back. Maybe this thing will get itself situated soon.

For Christmas, Big Dad bought me stuff to make a quilt and he picked out a quilting magazine for me to choose a pattern from. He went with me to pick out colors, and has been completely involved in the entire process. It's been a lot of fun....it was a good present.

So I'm beginning to cut out my pieces, and then I'll start sewing. I think it will be pretty. I chose greens and beiges. T's a good teacher. Very patient.

When I went to pick out my fabrics, the ladies asked if I had a machine, or if I was going to sew by hand. I told them by hand, and that my husband was going to teach me. They got the biggest kick out of that. There's Big Dad standing there, and I'm sure they were picturing him with those small needles, sewing away. The next time I went there, they remembered me immediately and started talking about it right away. They were impressed. :) They were just smiling away, though, as he was pointing out the needles to pick, the thread, the scissors, the rulers.... They later told me they thought it was very good, and how they wished their husbands were as interested in the things they do. Yes, I walked out of there a little bit proud of Big Dad. I admit it. :) If they could have just seen the manly man pictures I have of him.... backpacking, hunting... Then they would be truly shocked!

I'm sure I'll be comparing my work to T's. He's just so good at everything. I don't think there's anything he's not good at. I'll keep things updated.

Comments

Popular Posts