8th Grade Recognition

Well, last night was the 8th grade recognition at Morrison. All I can say is that we have a great group of 8th graders. They are amazing kids. There were four speakers, and they all brought a bit of themselves to the stage. One even named each person in the class and said something about what they brought to the class. At the end, she likened it to a sundae and finished up with putting a bit of this and that in the bowl and taking a bite. Very cute.

The reception was the best part. Timothy is leaving for the year, and his friend Joe is leaving for good. For Timothy, his two best friends got up and talked about what made this year fun for them. For Joe, each person in the class gave a word about how he had spoken into their lives. It was very touching.

In the end, the class showed a video they made for the two. It was hilarious and special at the same time. It is something that will always be treasured, I think.

After viewing the video, the kids decided they all wanted copies, so they took my copy to reproduce. I should have it back today, and I'll try to post parts of it, or at least put it on youtube so I can link to it.

They ended the evening with the entire class going to see the movie Prince Caspian. Timothy was home late, but he only has 2 hours of school today. I think he'll survive. :)

Comments

Anonymous said…
I should have it back today, and I'll try to post parts of it,

Weelll, hurry up! We can't wait!

Mom

Popular Posts