The Flight

Well, Em's flight didn't go as planned. :) She ended up in LAX for 26 hours! When she didn't show up in Florida, we started calling around. I contacted the police (I don't care what you've heard about the LAPD, they're awesome!) and they had me send a picture of her, contacted their guys at the airport and started looking for her. When we finally got in touch with Em, the first thing she said was, "Mom. You called the cops on me?" ha!

26 hours later, Em's fine and so are we. We talked with her this morning and she slept for 14 hours. I think she's over jetlag already. :)

Em, we're so proud of you! You handled your first solo overseas trip great, even with all of the mafan! Now enjoy your time!

Side note: If a police officer goes out of their way to help you, make sure and contact his or her superior officer. As officer Odom's superior officer told me, they help people a lot, but are very rarely thanked. My letter to him went in officer Odom's personnel file. They need to know when their officers are doing a great job!

Comments

Anonymous said…
All grandparents in the states are very happy that Em is safe and sound. Yes, LAPD and many more of our officials are great servants and have great joy in doing their job.

Love you and see you Wednesday!!!
Mom
Louise said…
Oh it brought back memories of my own first solo. another right of passage for an mk! :D

Can't wait to see you guys on this side of the pond.
Leigh Anne said…
Oh my gosh Stacy! I wish I had known-- I'm only 45 minutes from LAX! She could have come to my house and crashed for awhile. Well phooey! I would have driven over there just to sit with her and get acquainted! Ha!

Glad she's okay. Love ya!

Popular Posts