A Day in the Life

Yesterday was an unusually busy day, in terms of events that took place.

Lunch: I bought a hotdog at 7-11 and brought it in for San's lunch. He walked in to get his lunch, took one look at the hotdog, walked over and hugged my neck, and with this quiet, wistful voice said, "I knew this day would come."

After school: Play tryouts....I'll post how those went at some point.

A HUGE fire near Morrison, but more importantly right next to the batting cages! Tim went down there with his camera and got some fantastic shots of the local firemen at work. That was a scary fire. We could see the flames from our balcony at least a mile away.

Evening: Christopher and I saw a humongous rat trying to push a big piece of bread across the road.

Still evening: Christopher and I saw a poor man who had dropped his noodles on the ground sit down and start eating them off of the asphalt. Broke my heart. We ran to the closest noodle shop and bought him a fresh batch. He actually said thank you in English.

Still evening a little later: Timothy and I were walking and saw that same rat, a little worse for wear in the middle of the street. I think he decided to take a little nap after that big meal.

You never know what the day holds when you wake up in Taichung!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Very interesting stuff. you never know what a day will bring forth. Ü Enjoyed it along with you, especially N's comment. His day finally arrived. Ü

Love you lots,
Mom
Wow! What a day! Noodles off the sidewalk, eww. I came across your blog through Amanda, I think it was. We have mutual friends...the Smith family. I worked at MAK 3 years ago and came to TW the same time as them and the Moons. Anyhoo, I think your blog is fun. Merry Christmas from Pingtung!

Popular Posts