Birthday Week

It's official. Big Dad and I now have an adult child. We knew this day was coming, but it came so soon!

Em had a good birthday. Gifts from friends, dinner with family. It's always fun to go out as a family, especially to Fridays! She had to endure "18" jokes all day. She got some great hiking clothes, in preparation for her trip after Chinese New Year this next year. Facebook is fun as well on days like these. They advertise your birthday to your friends, so on that day there are lots of birthday greetings. As an added bonus, some boxes came from Florida, and Em read funnies from the Sunday paper to her heart's content. The beautiful bracelets and necklace were such a surprise!

My day started off with birthday greetings from the kiddos, followed by a Starbucks Latte from my colleagues. (They took my order and picked it up...personally I think it was an excuse to go and get one for themselves as well! ha!) Lot's of Facebook greetings, and then a dinner, movie and new shoes. Has anyone ever heard of Cold Stone Ice Cream? We had that, too. VERY good ice cream, and the guy behind the counter tosses it into the air and catches it in a cup. Plus, they sing corny camp songs. All in all a good time.

Then Em and I had some girl-time/Christmas shopping yesterday. Had to have another taste of that Cold Stone, and just caught up on thoughts, stories, etc.

I have to relay one of her stories. Seems she and Timothy were in a fight. She was really mad at him and he knew it. He walked past her and said something to her and she ignored him. He called her: "Em. Em! EM! Em? Eem????" She was laughing but she didn't want him to see. They went to school and he saw her across the plaza. He grabbed a magazine from one of his friends rolled it up and yelled, "I LOVE YOU, EM!!!!!" ha! Who can stay mad at that? Too funny.

Still, she's 18. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.

Comments

Anonymous said…
you also have to add that timothy's voice got higher and more worried each time he said my name. twas hilarious.

M
Leigh Anne said…
Happy Birthday to my cousins!! Wishing you much love and birthday goodies!

Popular Posts