In the eyes of the beholders

I love living where we live right now. It's a little more of a walk to school, but too close to drive without feeling lazy. The nice thing is walking back and forth from school at different time with the kids. I get a lot of alone time with each one, when they walk with me to school, or to the store, or to get slurpees. It's a good time to just talk about life in general, get an idea about what's going through their heads and what they are thinking about. It's a great insight into their worlds.

So I was walking home with San last week, and he was talking my ear off as usual (he gets that honest!). We were almost home, and he started talking about the prettiest girl in the class.

"All the boys in my class think Connie is the prettiest girl in class," he said.
"Oh? And what do you think?" I asked.
"I think she's pretty, too." he replied.
"What is it that makes her so pretty?" I wondered this, hoping there would be some noble quality he saw in her.
"It's her tooth. She has a cool tooth. All the boys like it."

Seems Connie has a silver cap on one of her teeth, and second grade boys find this very attractive.

I love getting these insights.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Too cute. Thanks for sharing that moment with all of us.

Popular Posts