Class begins, again

I started another class today. Looks like a good one, and very practical to what I am doing. It is a master's level course, which means I have to watch my p's and q's when I'm writing. :) Lots of work, though. Five papers due by next Monday!

I'm also reading a cool book: "Right Brained in a Left Brained World" VERY interesting. I see Bubs all over that book. The jist of it is:

Right brained people are big picture people, creative, very visual (they see in 3D in their minds), perfectionistic, very afraid of public humiliation because of their creativity. (it's very personal!)

Classrooms teach to left brained learning styles.

Many students with learning disabilities are merely right brained. Try learning something that is taught opposite of the way you learn!

ADD, dyslexia...these are right brained issues.

The trick is to use the strengths of the right brained child to get them to learn: Their extremely visual nature.

I'll write more about that one as I read more. Very fascinating.

Comments

Popular Posts