Just another day...

Yesterday was just another day in the life of the Hughes family.

Tim is the king of all things hands-on. I'm truly lucky to have a handy man as a husband. :) He never ceases to amaze me at what he can do. I truly think he can do anything! Make a cabinet? OK. Fix a sink? No problem. Microbiology? Come on, challenge me!

Em is still the babysitting queen. I think she's saving up for this summer. :) She wants to buy a camera so she can keep memories from the summer. She is working hard at school, especially Physical Science, and her Bible Study on Tuesdays is going well. She is so even keeled. I love that about her. :) And her observations about things.....she's just too funny.

Timothy is growing so much in his walk. I love the music he added to his blog. He did that with the help of one of the girls in his class. He's learning a lot. He's also learning to set up healthy boundaries with his friends. He has one friend who was getting pretty competitive with him, and he finally told him they were friends, he didn't want to compete. So his friend lightened up. I'm glad he knows how to keep boundaries and still let his friend know the relationship is important to him. Wish I could have learned that when I was 12! Wow.

Christopher. What can I say. He is growing up quite a bit. He's getting more responsible. He's learning how to handle kids in his class (he has a much different class than Timothy! It's sad to see, but he is learning to handle it.....score one for the good guys!). He is improving in his guitar skills, learning more each week, and he's on cloud nine because the pool is open once again! Pool will be his life until we leave for the states. :)

Nathaniel complained of an earache yesterday, so I took him to the doctor and he had a DOUBLE ear infection. He only started coughing the day before yesterday, and he had no fever! When I told him I was taking him to the doctor, he said, "No, that's OK. I'm better now." :) So no swimming for baby boy. No one liners lately. He's been playing with his clay a lot, and he just sits and pretends when he does that, so I think he's just not thinking about stuff lately. (When he plays with clay, he makes little army guys and they battle. He'll do it for hours.)

Me, I'm gearing up for testing next week. Gotta give an achievement test. No big deal, and I kind of like a break in the schedule. The kids are doing good...getting ready for Spring Break and I don't blame them. We finally had to turn on air conditioning in the classroom!

Have a good one!

Comments

Popular Posts