Belly Laughs

We all have had a larger portion of these lately. I don't know why, but it seems as though the kids are going through a phase of being just plain FUNNY. Any one of them, at any point and time, can produce a line or phrase, a look or joke that well send the rest of us sprawling on the floor laughing.

Big Dad, of course, is the leader of all in his ability to produce belly laughs. He usually has us cracking up around the table. It's funny to watch Emily turn red, laughing her squeaky laugh, or Timothy slapping his leg. Christopher and Nathaniel have the most contagious laughs, and once they are going all of us are pretty much over. Me, I just get cramps in my cheeks. (I know Kimmers can relate.)

Timothy was tested last year when he was struggling a bit in his class. The psychologist came to one portion of the test in which he asked him how he would characterize his home life. I cringed when I was reading the report, knowing the hardships we had been facing. "Fun" was his reply. I was pleased. It's nice to see your family from the point of view of others in it. His point of view was that it was fun. I started looking at our home life differently and realized it is. We enjoy each other's company, and we genuinely like each other. So fun is a natural step, I guess.

So the Hughes family is wishing you all a good belly laugh today. It's good medicine, and as with many situations in life, a good laugh may be just what you need!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A good laugh is also a good dose of medicine. Someone important said that. :>) So I guess you're all moved? Right?
Nope. Not until next week. We're working on it, though. :) Fun, fun, fun!

Popular Posts