Starting Out 2009 Right

I am happy and content about how the start of 2009 went. I spent the time with friends and family, laughed, joked, pulled pranks, played games... and talked on the phone with loved ones far away. It was time well spent, I think. In looking over Erma Bombeck's list of priorities, I thought I might make this my New Year's Resolution. Feel free to take any or all for your own resolutions, especially since they are Erma's originally. :)

I will go to bed when I'm sick instead of pretending the earth would go into a holding pattern if I weren’t there for the day.

I will burned the pink candle sculpted like a rose before it melts in storage.

I will talked less and listened more.

I will invite friends over to dinner even if the carpet is stained, or the sofa faded.

I will eat the popcorn in the “good” living room and worry much less about the dirt when someone wants to light a fire in the fireplace.

I will take the time to listen to old friends ramble about their youth.

I will never insist the car windows be rolled up on a summer day because my hair had just been teased and sprayed.

I will sit on the lawn with my children and not worry about grass stains.

I will cry and laugh less while watching television, and more while watching life.

I will never buy anything just because it's practical, won't show soil, or guaranteed to last a lifetime.

When my kids kiss me impetuously, I will never have say, “Later. Now go get washed up for dinner.”

There will be more “I love you’s.” More “I’m sorry’s.”

But mostly, given another shot at a year, I will seize every minute… look at it and really see it… live it… and never give it back.


Stop sweating the small stuff. Don’t worry about who doesn’t like you, who has more, or who’s doing what.

Instead, let’s cherish the relationships we have with those who DO love us.

Let’s think about what God HAS blessed us with.

And what we are doing each day to promote ourselves mentally, physically, emotionally, as well as spiritually.

Life is too short to let it pass by.

Comments

Popular Posts