Winter

I love Autumn. It's a changing season, and it's the season that brings relief from the heat of the Summer. It also brings color, closeness to family, and begins the year's festivities.

But I love Winter, too. I really couldn't put my finger on why, except that it's so fun to be nice and cozy in a warm house while it's cold outside. It's the same reason I love rainy days. You're reminded of your securities: roof overhead, warmth, food and drink. And nice company. It's always good for nice company. It opens up talks that you don't have in the busy days of Summer, allowing you to enjoy the moment.

Here's to the coming Winter:

"In winter we lead a more inward life. Our hearts are warm and cheery, like cottages under drifts, whose windows and doors are half concealed, but from whose chimneys the smoke cheerfully ascends. We enjoy now...around warm stoves and fireplaces, and watch the shadow of motes in the sunbeams." --- Henry David Thoreau

I usually don't like poetry, but this one said exactly what I was feeling.

Comments

Popular Posts