Hughes COFFEE House

It's a well known fact that I love Starbucks. I fell for the entire concept hook, line and sinker. One of my favorite movies has major moments in Starbucks: You've Got Mail. I like the idea of getting a coffee in a coffee house, sitting down in a nice, comfy chair, and talking with a good friend or reading a magazine or book. I even like their cups.

However, they're expensive. I can't justify getting a Starbucks every day. After hearing me lament about this over the course of a couple of months, Big Dad took charge. We now have the Hughes Coffee House right in our own kitchen. Mind you, there's no latte machine, or anything of that nature, but there is a nice coffeemaker, plenty of flavored creamers, he even bought some take-away cups and some of those little plastic stirrers. And of course there's our comfy couch, a fireplace, plenty of good reading material and good company.

In these times of tightening belts and being careful with our dollars, it's nice to have an alternative. If Starbucks wants to cut their prices in HALF....well, that might be an option as well. :)

Comments

Popular Posts