Baseball

Anyone who knows Timothy knows he's obsessed with baseball. He's been trying his hand at pitching lately, with a little coaching from his dad. His goal is to make the baseball team in Texas, so we'll see how that goes. He has about a year to hone those skills.

But....T got the full effect of those skills yesterday. He and Timothy went to the school for a little practice, and about an hour later I received a phone call. It was Timothy asking if I could come pick them up. I asked if there was anything wrong. There was a little pause, then, "Well, it's dad's leg."

So I drove over there, and found them sitting on the bench outside the school. They were both laughing, so I figured they pulled one over on me. I asked T how Timothy's pitching went. He said, "Great. Luckily my ankle was there to stop the ball."

Ever hear the term goose egg? There was a perfect one right on T's ankle. Well, almost perfect. There were imprints of stitchings from the baseball on there as well. T said Timothy's pitching is getting more powerful. I think he underestimated just how much!

Comments

Trey said…
You need to find someone to see if they can "clock" his pitches for him.
Right now he's at 110 k/h which is about 68 mph (his fastest, not average). Now he's working on his accuracy and different types of pitches. But he needs to be closer to 75, I think. It helps that he's left handed. :)

Popular Posts