A Timely Blessing

One of the things that discourages us in this particular profession is the fact that many in this profession feel the need to "toot their own horn" so to speak. In fact, it's something I fear may be a downfall at some point if we're not careful, because there is so much pride attached to it. Pride is something I have a really hard time with, and in general I avoid association with prideful people. God has some pretty stiff words about that topic. T and I tend to try to just keep our heads down and do our work. We don't get involved in political things, and just keep our mouths shut about the more distasteful aspects of this position. I say all of that to make it clear how much we dislike bragging, having an elevated view of oneself, and things of that sort.

However.

Just because we don't toot our own horns doesn't mean that words of affirmation aren't important. We don't seek them out, so when they are given, they are worth so much. That happened tonight, and the timing was such a blessing to us. I wasn't there to hear it, but T told me of a big meeting today with a lot of other families in the area, and everyone went around and told about their work. T, being a man of few words, gave the basic details of his work and mine, then waited for the next person. A family spoke up and said, "Well if you aren't going to talk about your family, then I will," and went on to talk about what a blessing we had been to them. Not just T and I, but our kids as well. T was so surprised and humbled. But then, another family spoke up, and then another. I can't tell you how surprising it was. T teared up just telling me about it, and I teared up hearing it.

God knew what we needed. We want to thank the people who listened to God's prompting to give us those words of affirmation. We love the work we do, because God has given us a passion for it. Others can doubt our call or try to take credit for it, but we know who deserves that glory, and we gladly give it to God. After all, HE is the one who continues to reaffirm our call by meeting our needs in such a personal way. Anyone who tries to argue differently will have to answer to Him.

Comments

Anonymous said…
T and Stac that is so awesome.. What a BLESSING.... sometimes you dont realize others are watching... and that is what a testimony is.. living it.

Love you guys

Kimmers
Anonymous said…
What a blessing to read, Stacy. We know all about your call and how God affirmed it and He's still doing the same today. He's the one who sees all and knows all and He's the one that matters.

Love you lots and lots!!
Mom
Kimmers,

You are so right. I miss you, girl! Soon. Very soon: a weekend, maybe a movie, generic wheat thins, and I'll steer clear of the Fruit and Fiber on this one. ha! GET FACEBOOK!!! Greg and Currie are on, and John Patterson...I'm working on Darby and Tim Hernandez. But 'Nandez is a My Space man. :) Oh, and Mike Rodriguez, too.

Love you!
Mom,

You know, mom, I'm just now learning that it really doesn't matter how off other people are. ha! God knows our hearts and theirs, and that's what matters.

There's more to this story. We need to Skype! The affirmations keep coming, and in the most unexpected ways. It's not just us.

Love you bunches!!!

Stacy
Louise said…
Hey dear,

I've been getting a new computer up and running... on dial-up!!!!

But glad to see you got some much needed affirmation. You guys are so precious to us!

BTW I'm on skype at blhendley... look me up!

Have fun in Tland... we will be thinking of yall as always. Enjoy BK for us... it just doesn't have the same meaning back here!!! :D

Louise
Anonymous said…
Hearing how God has worked in and through your family leaves no doubt in my mind whether or not you are where you're supposed to be. Let the doubters doubt, and the proud be proud. You're right. They'll answer to God. You just keep doing what you're doing!

Thanks for being an inspiration. Lord knows you've given me those same affirmative words. It's only right they come back your way.

Soldier on!

Susan

Popular Posts