That time of year



There are three times of the year that are pretty hectic around here: Beginning of school, end of school, and now. All have to do with the multitude of meetings that take place for various reasons.

The beginning of school means IEP meetings, setting up schedules and getting students situated and more comfortable in their new surroundings. The end of school is also about IEP meetings, getting students ready for the next year and looking ahead. Now is the time for new students. We have a psychologist who comes to test students once a year. He does a fantastic job, and starts working the minute he gets off the plane. I have never even seen him experience jet lag! Because we have been working on a new identification process for new students, this year we have seen almost all of the students he tested added to the program. I'm very happy about this, because we've worked really hard to identify struggling students earlier, and get them the help they need sooner. Because we have implemented this new process, the psychologist's time is better served. In the end, though, it means me looking at the reports, figuring out the best way to work with the new students, gathering materials, etc. There's not a curriculum that goes with this one. But that's what I love about this particular job. There is a problem-solving aspect to it that gets me going, and I love it.

Em has been helping me a little bit. She helped me put together some phonics "games" today. It's so nice having her around, I'm not sure how I'm going to be next year! We're just going to have to have real quality girl times, that's for sure.

Anywho, that's why I haven't been posting as much lately. So sorry about that. I seem to forget each year about how busy this time is. We're getting ready for Thailand as well. Em's last meeting. I'm sure it will be a sentimental time for her. Christopher's first time in the suites....that should be interesting. Timothy will have to show him the ropes. I posted a picture of the view from our hotel room above. I know. We're suffering for Jesus. :)

Comments

Popular Posts