I was surprised to find today....

that the taste of Sprite zips me straight back to Ninglang.

Comments

Leigh Anne said…
If I drink Sprite, where will it zip ME straight back to???? Just curious.

I know that the taste of Fresca (remember Fresca?!?!?) zips me straight back to Mimi's church office in Sherman-- but only if it's ice cold and in a glass bottle!!
;-)
Papa Ferrell smoked a pipe and I loved the smell of the tobacco he used. Every now and then I get a whiff of that and I'm in their kitchen! Mamaw had a certain perfume that I smell every now and then. Or Glade air freshener, too. :)
I think red chows named "King" (is that right?), actually red chows in general, make me think of your house in Bakersfield. Remember me going to your high school classes with you? Public school...it was so exciting!!! ha!
Leigh Anne said…
I had forgotten about that!! But I have pictures somewhere of you at that house in Bakersfield! So much fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And yes, our red chow was named King. We also had a brownish red one named Tiko and a black one named Misty. But King was the first and the best!
Anonymous said…
Ok, I think you need a post explaining Ninglang! :-)

I also noticed the comment from leigh anne mentioning Sherman...that's where I'm from! GBBC? Is that the church office you mean? Too funny...it's a small world!
Hey Ebert! :) What does GBBC stand for? It might be a church my grampa Ledbetter pastored.

Ninglang is the little town in China where we lived for awhile. Grateful for water, electricity and sunshine on the same day so I could do laundry. ha! The only western products were Pepsi, Sprite, the occasional Pringles can and Safeway bags. Go figure.
Leigh Anne said…
If GBBC stands for Grayson Bible Baptist Church, then it's the same!!
Anonymous said…
Cool...yes, that's what it stands for & that was the test! My grandmother still talks about how Bro Ledbetter was the best pastor ever! Great legacy.

I love how God met you in Ninglang with Sprite...I think I completely understand that feeling you're describing!

Enjoy your day!

Popular Posts