We're sad today

*edit* I am getting hits from all over the world of people googling Andrea's name. I know this is just a fraction of people that Andrea touched. Please feel free to leave a comment about her. We all have wonderful memories of her laugh, her love of kids, and her servant's heart. Take time to share them if you feel the need.*


Em and I are sad today to learn that a good friend of ours (Em's algebra teacher and my collegue) passed away yesterday in China. She was there serving MK's, and had a heart for them. She and Em had a close relationship, and she intended on flying back here for Em's graduation next year. This has come as quite a shock to us, but even moreso to her mother in the states (her father passed away just last year). Her name is Andrea Rusk and we will miss her.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi,
I am also very sad. She was my friend and colleague. I miss her laugh, and her quick wit. Many are grieving the loss of Andrea. But I know that I will see her again, and that she is laughing and having a great time in heaven. I miss her so much! Bonnie
Bonnie,
I took over her job at the school here. She really looked out for the little guy, didn't she? I just spoke to her before her Singapore trip. She was just as goofy as ever. While my daughter and I were crying, we both looked at each other and realized she would probably say, "You guys knock it off." Can't you just hear it?

Stacy
Anonymous said…
So sorry to hear the news about your friend. I didn't know her, but I know she was special because of your's and Em's love for her. It's comforting to know that she's with the Lord and wouldn't come back if she could.
Love you much!
Mom
Anonymous said…
We all miss Andrea. She was always such a joy to be around. We will be praying for you and Emily.
carmilevy said…
It doesn't seem fair that the world has lost a gifted, dedicated educator. May her memory always be a blessing to everyone whose lives she touched, and may her lessons always be evident in those she taught.

I wish I could offer more than words at this time, Stacy. I know how hard this must be on you, and I hope that the support of friends and family helps you through this difficult time.

Please know that you and your entire family are in my thoughts and prayers. May we only know happiness in future.

Popular Posts