Summer recap part one: Texas

I guess I need to get back into blogging. I miss it.

I decided to chronicle our summer, just to keep in mind all of the fun we had. It was a good time. We are glad to be back in our own beds (actually, our backs are thanking us!), but we remember our time this summer as one of the best summers in many, many years. I told the kiddos not to expect that every year!

Arrival at the airport in Austin was so fun. We were pumped up on adrenaline, and the first person I saw standing in the Ledbetter crowd was Jimmy. I walked over to him, and he looked straight past me and waved to TIM! I grabbed him and told him he better say hi to me first, but I got a half-hearted hello. He was waiting for Tim. It was so fun to see everyone and greet everyone all at once. That was a real treat.

We decided to go to a baseball game right away. It was so fun. We sat in the back of the field, where they had a kid's play area, so the boys spent time watching baseball, rock climbing, and drinking soda. Timothy got to catch a ball, which was really cool. He fought hard for it.

Next we went to a rodeo. The arena is less than a mile from mom and dad's so it was a must see. They had only bull-riding that night, and they had some entertaining (the spinning bull) and scary bulls. Christopher and San got to go out in the ring and "shake their groove thing" for the crowd. It was hilarious.

We had a surprise birthday party for Em. She had no clue. She spent her 16th birthday in the hospital with the worst ear infection she's ever had, and one of the worst they've ever seen. So we needed to make her birthday memorable. The youth department met up at McDonalds and threw a party for her. She was shocked. Not to mention the way the Uncle Dave and Aunt Teri clan set her up. ha! That was a fun night.

Tim and I tiled mom and dad's kitchen, which was a lot of fun. We became skilled in Florida, tiling our home there, and it didn't take long to remember the skills. It was so funny. Mom mentioned how much she wanted to do it, Tim mentioned we could do it for less than half of what she had been quoted, and within thirty minutes we were at Home Depot picking out tile! We finished it off with a little bit of paint, and mom was good to go!


Well, that's it for this post. Look for Summer recap: Texas part 2 in the near future.

Blessings!

Comments

Anonymous said…
You did a good job blogging the summer. What memories. I'm thankful we have pictures so we won't forget. I'll never forget the look on Em's face when she walked in Mc's. She looked around to see who was having a birthday because people were singing 'Happy birthday.' LOL Thanks for reminding us.
Around the world and back!
Mom

Popular Posts