This was fun...

The coolest thing happened today.

I was talking with a friend, and a fellow teacher walked by. He stopped and said, "I saw someone who knows you when I was on break." This took me by surprise, because I knew he went to the middle east. Of course I was intrigued. He went on to say that this person came up to him and asked if he knew the Hughes family. His response?

"Don't get me started!"

They had a good laugh. Turns out she had the right people in mind.

He finished by saying there was a letter in my box from this person. I went to my box, opened the letter, and there was a note from Christopher's 1st grade teacher, Miss Ollis.

The funny thing about this is that it is a running joke that she somehow follows him wherever he goes. After teaching him, she has found him on several occasions, and in unlikely places.

You should have seen Christopher's face when I told him. It really made his day. And for her to take the time to send us a note was special.

Comments

Popular Posts