Possibilities

Do you remember being a child and thinking like a child? Come on. Think back real far. Do you remember what you said you would do when you grew up? You know, back before other people or things got in your way? The world was open to all of the possibilities. Me, I was going to be a horse trainer. That was my dream. Ride and train horses all day long. A principal of our Christian school was a horse trainer at Cal Poly in California, and he trained me to ride for awhile. It was great fun, and I really considered doing it. But, lack of contacts in that world led me to other things. I don't regret any choices I've made, but I do let my mind wander back to those times occasionally.

San is being presented with those possibilities lately. Big Dad is constantly telling him he can do anything he wants to do. He was laying upstairs yesterday morning, talking to Big Dad, hands behind his head as he dreamed outloud, talking about the "what-ifs."
"What if I'm not the President, Dad?" was his thought.
Big Dad and I were both struck with the sheer size of that thought. We don't pressure him. Just tell him he has a lot of possibilities. It's not a matter of what he can't do, but rather what all of his options are. What a way to see the world.

Comments

Anonymous said…
"What if I'm not the President, Dad?"

That comment makes me smile by just reading it. I think President just might be in his future!

Popular Posts