I found the best website today. It is a site filled with quotes from famous people. I love to read quotes from brilliant people. I especially love quotes from brilliant people with a sense of humor who put less value on their brilliance and more value on their humanity. People like Abraham Lincoln, Mark Twain, Erma Bombeck, Robert Fulghum. They have a way of seeing the world and communicating that back to us in a way that keeps us humble just by being able to laugh at ourselves. My mom always says the best thing to teach yourself is to not take yourself so seriously.

So here's the first quote:

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut

I have no idea who Jan Snepscheut is, but I intend to find out.

Great quote.

Comments

Anonymous said…
How about the 'hurrier I go, the behinder I get'>? That's how I've been feeling lately. Ü

Popular Posts