Enjoying the Spring

The weather has been wonderful lately. I've been thinking that the heat would hit us pretty quick...guess I'm used to Taiwan. I used to say I enjoyed Taiwan's two weeks of Spring. But the Spring here has been longer and quite pleasant! We've been enjoying thunderstorms, days of cloudless skies, cool nights and mornings, warm, sunny afternoons....I love it.

School is getting closer to ending. The boys are ready for it all to end. Em has one more final to go on an online class...she's in line for a 3.8 gpa. Needless to say, we're proud! Looks like she'll get another year of paid tuition. (YAY!)

San is in the talent show this year, with his friend Chaz. They're the opening act. They're going to be a rock band that comes out to rock, but ends up telling jokes. San's already done the spiked hair, and he's to the muscle shirt and tattoos to go with it....should be pretty funny. Yes, I'll post pictures!

Bubs has gotten into car races. He has a friend that races, and does fairly well. So Bubs has been following him. Bubs said that his friend told him he was going to try to stop cussing. Bubs told him that was great, but there were worse things he could do. His friend said, "Not right now. I don't drink or smoke, so I guess I'll work on cussin'" ha!

Timo's ready for school to end, but he's got some plans for making some money this summer. I think he's going to cut some lawns, at least for awhile. One of his friends wants to get a summer lawn business going, and Timo promised to help him get started. Plus, it means hanging out with his buddy a bit longer.

I'm still subbing. About 3 times a week. It's fun, and I'm enjoying seeing some of the new things going on. There are some good things happening in schools. Most people only hear the negative, but there are good things, too!

Big Dad is still into learning. I think he'll be a lifelong student, whether he's taking classes or not. Always learning something new. He finally finished the book on John Adams. The guy that wrote it is a pulitzer prize winner, and the book was over 800 pages long...it was a tough read, but BD loved it. He's still talking about it. :)

That's it on us for now!

Comments

Popular Posts